Thursday, April 23, 2009

7b Hierarchal Progression











I am hoping I am not alone in this endeavor of understanding, but I tore the words for the assignment discription apart in my head while reading it over and over. Ding dong...
I was looking over some pretty fun quotes and when I mentioned I was looking for a good quote for this assignment, my husband without hesitation said "The power of the pack is the wolf" and that it described our class. Seeing as we are all working hard individually for the same goal, I thought it was absolutely perfect (for our pack).
So I went online and found this sketched picture of a wolf on the site akvis.com this picture of a wolf sketched was an example of how their system worked to make a sketch from a photo in seconds. http://akvis.com/en/sketch-tutorial/examples/wolf-sketch.php Anyway, the sketched wolf was perfect for what I was looking for in this assignment.
The assignment said to make a series of five compositions in three colors, so I chose to use black, white, and blue. I tried to use the statement "the power of the pack is the wolf" in different linear ways, yet keeping it big enough to have the concentration on the words since it said the linear statement can be curved, straight, or as thick as you want. The statement was exactly the minimum of 8 words. I chose the Matisse typeface since it had a slightly wild look to it, but easy to read. I tried to keep the pieces balanced and added accents of blue in the eyes at times to balance the typeface. I was happy with the finished compositions and happy to be finished with them.
I must say our text is quite vague in a lot of areas. Good for making you study outside of the text as well as in, but bad when you really want to understand what it is trying to say.





No comments:

Post a Comment