Wednesday, April 29, 2009

2b Type Collage

Type Collage:
This was one project that I didn't mind doing at all! It was very time consuming, but very fun. making type function as a purely compositional element took a bit of thought and a lot of work to make it all come together.
Type functioning as line:
This one came to my mind as soon as I got the idea of type being used as line. The salmon was from an older fishing photo. Then I took a picture of the hook with my iPhone since we were out fishing and it was right there. I wanted to use a font that was all capital letters so that the line was uniform. My husband really liked how this turned out, but then again... he is the fisherman.

Type functioning as Shape:

I've always loved this saying and since our little three-year-old totes stools around to get into everything, I thought I'd use the words to make this composition. Picking the fonts before putting together (different programs) was not easy, but after getting it all in place, I really liked it. I used four different fonts from Corel and manipulated them in Photoshop.

Type functioning as Texture: I just had way too much fun on this one... although it did not quite turn out how I was wanting it to (fonts), it was close enough. I used the Corel Photo Album to insert different texts over and over in layers. I couldn't begin to say how many texts were used. The picture of the Raven I found from www.rspb.org.uk the photo was called "raven in flight". I just had to add something to give it more of the effect of a sky since I didn't quite feel like it was getting where I wanted. I ended up liking the end result.

No comments:

Post a Comment