Sunday, January 18, 2009

Image Resizing and a little more


This is one of my favorite pictures. I took this of my husband, Steven, while we were out trout fishing at a lake on our island. He called it his favorite spot.
So, I chose this one to resize. I used the information on our class blog site to make sure I was doing it right. I went into the "How to resize an image" in the image editing resources area and used the first You Tube tutorial by teachertube.com.
My Photoshop is an older version (Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0), but worked just fine. I was pretty sure, but had to check that Pixels/inch and dpi meant the same thing before applying the 72 pixels/inch. Yahoo! Answers had this comment, "The common display resolution is 72 pixels per inch, or dots per inch." in reply to someone's question about resizing an image. I had used this resize feature before, but to get the exact inches of a picture to fit a frame or scrapbooking, etc...
Getting set up for school for the first time was very crazy and time consuming. I didn't realize there were so many sites and areas for the University of Alaska. After getting into my email, I could see where communication with the Class Instructor was essential. My account was not set to have access to the blackboard, but the Help Desk worked quickly to correct this. Over the course of a few days, I was finally set. What a headache, but glad to be ready. I saved the Class Syllabus and Task and Assignment Timeline to my computer after reading them.
I can say that the delay in starting the class was a small blessing for me, because I must have been one of the last to enter the class and had ordered my book at that time and it arrived the day our instructor announced that "Class Officially Begins" being the same day I was able to access the blackboard.
Whew...

No comments:

Post a Comment